extendYoga’s guiding principles are social responsibility, a commitment to giving back and caring for the environment. As an environmentally conscious studio, we are committed to reducing our footprint on the planet by practicing in several green efforts:
extendYoga is proud to be a Certified Green Business via Montgomery County’s Green Business Certification Program. Learn more about what it takes to officially be a green biz here and below in our daily operations and Eco processes.
Switching to clean power…
- is the equivalent of planting three city blocks of forest
- is the equivalent of taking an SUV off the road
- prevents more pollution than all the cherry trees around the tidal basin could soak up
- prevents two 2 refrigerator-size blocks of coal from being burned every year
- switch one hundred homes to clean power and we on our way to creating another central park
We are an EPA Green Power Partner. As a partner, we are helping support the development of new renewable generation capacity nationwide while also helping protect the environment.
- at least 90% of our cleaning products are Eco-friendly
- wet and dry recycling is utilized daily
- we don’t print receipts (don’t worry, we’ll email it to you!)
- we print as little as we need to, use both sides, recycle paper/use for scrap and once we are done- all paper is recycled
- ink cartridges are repeatedly refilled rather than replaced
- we don’t sell plastic water bottles (we’ve got water fountains – drink up!)
- local and Eco-friendly items (like yoga mats, towels, clothing, jewelry, beauty products, etc) are sold within the studio
- energy efficient HVAC systems and LED lighting are used throughout the space
- we launder our rental towels in a high efficiency washer/dryer and with green/Eco-friendly detergent
- avoid vampire energy: appliances/electronics are unplugged at closing each day
- timers are used on outdoor lighting to save energy
- we plant a tree for every class package purchased!