200-Hour Virtual Yoga Teacher Training Program
Whether you are interested in learning about the art of teaching yoga or would like to deepen your own practice, our Yoga Teacher Training Program will prepare you to empower yourself and others on the path of self-transformation. As we explore the history of yoga, yoga philosophy, and the anatomical and energetic aspects of the human body, you will have the unique opportunity to study the ancient practice of yoga asana, pranayama and meditation and discover a deeper understanding of yoga and it’s relevance in modern day life.
You will be given all the tools needed to successfully take the seat of the teacher with confidence and enthusiasm. Outside of scheduled training hours, you will expand your self-awareness and knowledge of yoga through self-study, group projects, selected readings and assignments, class observation, practice-teaching, and individual seva (community service) projects. Be prepared to work hard and extend beyond your comfort zone so that you can reach your full potential as a teacher and student. Most importantly, be prepared to discover your own unique gifts and learn how to share them with others.
Training Topics Include:
- History and philosophy of yoga
- Physiological, psychological and spiritual aspects of asana, pranayama, and meditation
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the physical body and subtle energetic body
- Intensives including: ethics, Ayurveda, Sanskrit, mythology, sequencing, theming, marketing & the business of yoga, teaching online
- How to support diversity and inclusion within the yoga and wellness industry; both locally and community at large
- Vinyasa yoga along with other Hatha yoga traditions and methods: Ashtangha, Prana Flow inspired yoga, Jivamukti, Power
- Yoga for special populations, restorative, therapeutic elements, prenatal, babies, kids & teens
Our program leaders are highly trained, experienced, certified and passionate about yoga. Their knowledge and enthusiasm across a variety of yoga disciplines is one of the many reasons why this training program is like no other.
Program Teachers: Lauren Richardson, Allison Rose, Donna Martin, Lika Elwood, Arlet Koseian-Beckham + other special guest teachers.
extendYoga is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS 200®). Upon completing our 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training Program, you will receive a certificate making you eligible to register and be nationally recognized with the Yoga Alliance. An RYT 200® certification is the professional standard for those who would like to teach yoga.
Our training is rated at 4.95/5. Check out our exceptional reviews from former graduates here.
Virtual Training Schedule:*
*These are general time frames. There will be large breaks throughout the day. Exact hours will be shared before the session begins. Hours may also be adjusted to accommodate holiday schedules.
Sample Weekend Schedule:
Saturday: 10am-12pm, break, 4-6pm
Sunday: 10am-12:30pm, break, 2-4pm
CHECK BACK FOR 2021/22 TRAINING DATES! Let us know if you are interested in future trainings by clicking here and getting on our training email list.
Training Requirements + Application:
- Complete and submit program application prior to submitting payment. You will be notified within 72hrs that your application has been submitted and received.
- Pay in full or have made at least one of the five monthly payment plan payments before our first session.
- Two year minimum regular yoga practice is encouraged.
- A willingness to commit fully to the program; be present, receptive and ready to learn!
- A dedication to deepen your own yoga practice, while assisting others to do the same.
- We understand that you may have time constraints, busy lives and responsibilities outside of the training. Therefore, makeup opportunities will be available and given by trainers on a case-by-case basis. Contact us with any questions.
$2,250 early bird pricing – pay in full ($2,450 after early bird date)
$2,550 (5 monthly payments of $510 each; first month is a non-refundable deposit)
*Please complete and submit program application prior to submitting any payment
*Note: 40 classes to extendYoga will be included with your tuition payment (no additional charge). There will also be a required reading list/texts that will cost roughly $75-100.
BIPOC donation-based scholarships (CURRENTLY FULL):
extendYoga is committed to making our studio and the greater yoga community welcoming and inclusive for all beings. Encouraging a diverse range of teaching voices is an essential step in creating safe spaces where all students can feel represented. To help facilitate this progress, we are offering donation-based scholarships for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color. (Tuition is “give what you can.” Suggested donation: $250-$500. 9/13/20 UPDATE: MAX SCHOLARSHIP SPOTS ARE TAKEN! Please contact us (arlet@extendYoga.com) for more info.)
We feel this will offer more opportunities for accessible self-care, redistribute wealth and opportunity to groups that are often unseen and underserved, and welcome more diversity and inclusivity in the yoga room.
This scholarship is intended for those who:
- Self-identify as BIPOC
- Have a consistent practice and commitment to yoga
- Are able to attend all training dates
To apply — CURRENTLY FULL: check back for our next training!
Write a short (1-2 paragraphs per question) response to the questions listed below. After reviewing your response, we will reach out with details.
- What impact does yoga have on your life; both on/off the mat?
- Do you think BIPOC are underrepresented in the yoga and wellness community? If so, in what ways? If not, please tell us why.
- By completing our training, what impact do you hope to have on the yoga and wellness community as a whole?
New to our studio & want to try class before signing up?
New to extendYoga? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll give you ONE WEEK, on us. See all that our studio & community has to offer!
Interested in future trainings?
Get on our training email list and stay up to date with all our training offerings. Click here to get on the list!
Training Info Sessions:
Interested in Yoga Teacher Training and/or deepening your yoga practice? Not sure if you want to teach yoga or sign up for a training? No problem; that’s what our info sessions are all about. Ask questions, meet our teachers, and chat with other potential like-minded trainees to see if this training is right for you. We’ll share a brief overview of the program, important dates and details. Bring your questions and enthusiasm.
Upcoming Info session(s):
Check back for future training and info session dates!
Continue to check this page for more details! Please email training@extendYoga.com with subject any questions/concerns. Namaste.