200-hr Yoga Teacher Training Program ~ 2019-20
Whether you are interested in learning about the art of teaching yoga or would like to deepen your own practice, our Yoga Teacher Training Program will prepare you to empower yourself and others on the path of self-transformation. As we explore the history of yoga, yoga philosophy, and the anatomical and energetic aspects of the human body, you will have the unique opportunity to study the ancient practice of yoga asana, pranayama and meditation and discover a deeper understanding of yoga and it’s relevance in modern day life.
You will be given all the tools needed to successfully take the seat of the teacher with confidence and enthusiasm. Outside of scheduled training hours, you will expand your self-awareness and knowledge of yoga through self-study, group projects, selected readings and assignments, class observation, assisting, practice-teaching, and individual seva (community service) projects. Be prepared to work hard and extend beyond your comfort zone so that you can reach your full potential as a teacher and student. Most importantly, be prepared to discover your own unique gifts and learn how to share them with others.
Training Topics Include:
- History and philosophy of yoga through study of ancient yoga texts
- Physiological, psychological and spiritual aspects of asana, pranayama, and meditation
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the physical body and subtle energetic body
- Intensives will include: ethics, Ayurveda philosophy and lifestyle, Sanskrit, bhakti/karma yoga, mythology, sequencing, theming, marketing & the business of yoga
- Vinyasa yoga along with other Hatha yoga traditions and methods: Ashtangha, Prana Flow inspired yoga, Jivamukti, Power, Hot/Heated
- Yoga for special populations, restorative, therapeutic elements, prenatal, babies, kids & teens
- Demonstration, observation, finding your voice, practice-teaching and hands on assisting
Our program leaders are highly trained, experienced, certified and passionate about yoga. Their knowledge and enthusiasm across a variety of yoga disciplines is one of the many reasons why this training program is like no other. They are an integral part of not only the program, but also the growing community and vitality of extendYoga. Our teachers will provide guidance, mentorship and feedback to all our trainees throughout the program.
Certification & Reviews:
extendYoga is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS 200®). Our curriculum more than exceeds the standards set by Yoga Alliance. Upon completing our 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training Program, you will receive a certificate making you eligible to register and be nationally recognized with the Yoga Alliance. An RYT 200® certification is the professional standard for those who would like to teach yoga. Program graduates are responsible for registering themselves in order to become a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200®).
Check out some reviews from former graduates here.
Training Schedule ~ 2019-20 Weekend Format: (DATES COMING)
October-February – DATES COMING SOON
Feb 2019: (snow dates – will only meet if needed)
$2,650 early bird pricing – pay in full by July 1 (2,800 after July 1) >>>Pay in full here.
$2,950 (5 monthly payments of $590 each) >>>Set up payment plan here.
(please do not submit payment until accepted – via filling out the program application)
*note: 20 classes to extendYoga will be included with your tuition payment (no additional charge). There will also be a required reading list/texts that will cost roughly $75-100.
Refer a yogi = get 3 free classes!
Refer a friend to our program and we’ll give you 3 classes! (have your friend list your name on their application)
New to our studio & want to try class before signing up?
New to extendYoga? Email email@example.com and we’ll give you ONE WEEK, on us. Come see all that our studio & community has to offer!
- Complete and submit program application. You will be notified within 72hrs that your application has been submitted and received.
- Pay in full or have made at least one of the five monthly payment plan payments before our first session (please do not submit payment until accepted).
- One year minimum regular yoga practice is encouraged.
- A willingness to commit fully to the program; be present, receptive and ready to learn!
- A dedication to deepen your own yoga practice, while assisting others to do the same.
- We understand that you may have time constraints, busy lives and responsibilities outside of the training. Therefore, makeup opportunities will be available and given by trainers on a case-by-case basis. Contact us with any questions.
Continue to check this page for more details! Please email hello@extendYoga.com with subject ‘YTT 2019’ with any questions/concerns. Namaste.
Training Info Sessions:
Interested in Yoga Teacher Training and/or deepening your yoga practice? Not sure if you want to teach yoga or sign up for a training? No problem, that’s what these sessions are all about! Ask questions, meet our teachers, and chat with other potential like-minded trainees to see if this training is right for you. We’ll share a brief overview of the program, important dates and details. Bring your questions and enthusiasm. Let us know you’re coming by signing up online (or just show up too)!
Info session dates – check back for 2019 dates!
Monday, April 16 (class begins at 8pm, info session begins at ~8:45pm) – sign up!
Saturday, June 9 (class 1:30pm, info session ~2:30pm) – sign up!
Sunday, Sept 16 (class 2:30pm, info session ~3:30pm) – sign up!